2021: Marie Skłodowska-Curie Ph.D. Fellowship under Horizon 2020 (H2020-MSCA-ITN-2020) framework - The European Joint Doctorate Program in "Data Engineering for Data Science" (DEDS).
2019: 1st position for German and 2nd and 3rd position for Hindi Multiclass Hate Speech classification on “Hate Speech and Offensive Content Identification in Indo-European Languages (HASOC)” Shared Task 2019”.
2019: FIRE 2019Student Grant for the top-performing systems in HASOC Task A and Task B.
2017: "Prime Ministers Gold Medal" Bangladesh - For Achieving Highest CGPA among all the Departments in the University of Chittagong for the academic year 2015.
2017:ERASMUS+: Erasmus Mundus Scholarship (EMJMD) – by the European Union. European Master’s Program in Language and Communication Technologies (LCT).
2014: Awarded and Certified for securing 3rd place in "National awareness and skill-building program for mobile application development 2014" run by the Ministry of ICT Bangladesh.
2013: Awarded as "Divisional Champion" in ACM-ICPC (International Collegiate Programming Contest) Asia Regional Dhaka site 2013.
1) M. A. Rahman, Y. A. Akter, “Multi-lingual Author Profiling: Predicting Gender and Age from Tweets!”, In Chen JZ., Tavares J., Shakya S., Iliyasu A. (eds) Image Processing and Capsule Networks. ICIPCN 2020. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 1200. Springer, Cham (ISBN: 978-3-030-51859-2). DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-51859-2_46
2) M. A. Rahman, Nazifa Tabassuma, Mitu Paula, Riya Pala, Mohammad Khairul Islam, “BN-HTRd: A Benchmark Dataset for Document Level Offline Bangla Handwritten Text Recognition (HTR) and Line Segmentation”, In International Conference on Big Data, IoT and Machine Learning (BIM 2021) and as a Book Chapter on Computer Vision and Image Analysis for Industry 4.0 (Taylor and Francis). (Accepted)
3) Y. A. Akter, M. A. Rahman, M. O. Rahman, “Quantitative Analysis of Mouza Map to Estimate Land Area using Zooming and Canny Edge Detection”, TELKOMNIKA (Telecommunication Computing Electronics and Control - ISSN 1693-6930), Vol 18, No 6: December 2020: 3293-3302. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12928/telkomnika.v18i6.16179
4) Hossain, T. B., Y. A. Akter, and M. A. Rahman. “Voice Mail Application for Visually Impaired Persons”. Recent Research in Science and Technology, Vol. 12, no. 1, Jan. 2020, pp. 15-18.
5) D. Ruiter, M. A. Rahman, D. Klakow, “LSV-UdS Participation at HASOC 2019: The Problem of Defining Hate”, In the 11th meeting of Forum for Information Retrieval Evaluation (FIRE) 2019, IRI, Kolkata, India.
6) M. A. Rahman, Y. A. Akter, “Topic Classification from text using Decision Tree, K-NN and Multinomial Naïve Bayes”, In International Conference on Advances in Science, Engineering and Robotics Technology (ICASERT), EWU, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
7) M. A. Rahman, M. H. Seddiqui, “Comparison of Classical Machine Learning Approaches on Bangla Textual Emotion Analysis”, 21st International Conference of Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT), 21-23 December, 2018, UIU, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
8) Y. A. Akter, M. A. Rahman, “Extracting RDF Triples from Raw Text” In International Conference on Advances in Science, Engineering and Robotics Technology (ICASERT), EWU, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
9) R. Sadia, M. A. Rahman, M. H. Seddiqui, “N-gram Statistical Stemmer for Bangla Corpus”, In Proceedings of 6th International Conference on Natural Sciences and Technology (ICNST’19) March 29 - 30, 2019, Asian University for Women, Chittagong, Bangladesh.
10) M. A. Rahman, P. Chakraborty, “Opinion Mining: Is Feature Engineering Still Relevant?”, In International Conference on Information and Communication Technology for Sustainable Development (ICICT4SD), 27-28 February 2021, BUP, Dhaka, Bangladesh. (Accepted)
11) M. A. Rahman, M. H. Seddiqui (2020), “BanglaEmotion: A Benchmark Dataset for Bangla Textual Emotion Analysis”, Mendeley Data, V1, DOI: 10.17632/24xd7w7dhp.1
12) M. A. Rahman, Mitu Paul, Nazifa Tabassum, Riya Pal, Bipon Das, Raisa Tasnim, Osman Gony, Fatin Noor, Sheikh Mohammad Jubaer, Mehanaz Chowdhury, Yeasmin Ara Akter, Mohammad Khairul Islam - “BN-HTRd: A Benchmark Dataset for Document Level Offline Bangla Handwritten Text Recognition (HTR)”, Mendeley Data, V1, DOI: 10.17632/743k6dm543.1